The process for complex castings.
e Exacast® ceramic precision casting process is an attractive alternative to conventional methods like investment casting. Further developed by Wolfensberger and registered under the Exacast® brand name our precision casting process allows the precision manufacturing of demanding components. Reusable patterns made of plastic, metal, wood or silicone rubber are coated with a quick-hardening ceramic and then fired. The choice of material for steel and iron applications is virtually unlimited.
Our Strengths – Your Benefit
The Process For Complex Castings.
- First-class surface roughness: N8/N9 (Ra 3.2 - 6.3 µm)
- Tolerances in accordance with VDG instruction sheet P 690 for investment casting
- Radii > R 0.2
- Large wall thickness differences possible
- Weight of parts 2 to 400 kg
- Size of parts up to 1000 x 1000 x 400 mm
- Up to 100 cast iron and steel materials
Tolerances In The Exacast® Precision Casting Process.
The tolerances for Exacast® precision casting are based on VDG instruction sheet P 690 for investment casting. The tolerances specified in the sheet can be largely complied with. The only non-compliance that occurs relates to the non form-bound dimensions, for example over the mould partition or from the core mould to the outer mould, and even these do not exceed D1 in VDG standard P 690. If the precision casting tolerance is not adequate, a machining allowance must be added .